The Fractalpaste is a fiber-free product. It provides emergency repair or complete restoration of damaged furnaces at a fraction of the cost compared to the total relining of a furnace. Most often this paste is used to fill cracks and after drying in place may be fired to the furnace temperature.
The advantages to restoration vs reline are:
- No dismantling of the furnace is required
- Easy application to any refractories (including brick and fiberboard refractory)
- Less risk of element damage during repair
- Faster turnaround time than a reline
- Extend the service lifetime of the furnace
- Less dusting and fiber exposure to employees (Fractaballs, Fractalglue, Fractalpaste and Fractalins do not contain any fibers)
Application: Fractalpaste is suitable for various furnace repair applications to maintain maximum performance and extend the service life of the furnace. These applications include:
- Basic hair-line crack repair
- Large cracks repair (Use Fractalballsor HaFractalballs if required for large defects by simply mixing the balls into the paste.)
- Surface repair
- Fill large holes (use Fractalballs in the paste to fill if required)
- Preventative maintenance
- Complete restoration with a combination of Fractalballs HA Fractalballs and Fractalglue and Fractalpaste
Application Process: Fill the Fractalpaste into any cracks. Use Fractalballs if required. The repair area needs to be dried and readied prior to re-starting and using of the furnace.