OAB – High Temperature Steam without High Pressure
Traditionally, high pressures are required to produce high temperature steam. Not anymore! MHI’s OAB® boilers use patented BoilerFree™ technology to generate steam up to 1300°C without raising operating pressures above one atmosphere. In addition to offering high temperature steam at one atmosphere’s pressure, the OAB has these other benefits:
- No Feedwater Preheating – One Atmosphere Boiler temperatures are available from 300°C to 1300°C without having to preheat feedwater as with traditional steam boilers.
- No Combustion, No NOX Emissions – OAB’s utilize electricity and water to generate pure, clean superheated steam. No combustion processes are involved. This allows OAB devices to have outlet to output efficiencies of over 99%.
- Pressures as desired. One atmosphere or high pressure – both available. High back pressure steam generators meet ASME specifications. Review the boiler regulations for your state. (Not all states listed)
- Minimal Device Footprint – OAB units start at ~1 ft^3 foot print. This allows for multiple installations near the source of steam demand, helping minimize piping losses.
- Plug and Play – No pipe routing, no difficult installation and easy repair in the event of device failure.
- Nearly Instant Steam – No waiting for your steam boiler to build pressure to get to temperature. OAB devices produce superheated steam within moments of a cold start.
OAB’s offer higher temperatures, greater efficiencies and significant process advantages over most steam boilers on the market. For more information on how an OAB can improve your process, visit the links below for more information or Contact Us.