Gen2 HeatPad (1″)
A versatile high-temperature HeatPad™ is available in many sizes. The maximum plate surface depends on the load. A non-reactive ceramic pocket type design allows for inserting, hanging, and positioning your HeatPad™ (not to be used inverted). A low heater profile is excellent for applications for localized heating, substrate heating, mechanical pump vacuum environment, and moderate high-pressure environments. Several thermal and acid-resistant accessories, like the NanoFractalAlumina™ plate and extremely high thermal shock-resistant plate, are also available.
For the control system, please choose a DC Power (open loop) or an AC BPAN-O-PLUS and power transformer (closed-loop).
- *NEW* Internal K-Type TC Standard (included in price). With the purchase of the Heatpad™, a calibration chart of pyrometer surface temperature (with no load) vs. T/C read-temperature can be provided.
- 1″ diameter hot zone
- Best to use pyrometer.
- The surface temperature depends on the type of load. The estimated surface temperature with no load (free radiating) is about 1100°C measured with a pyrometer with a 0.7 emissivity.
- Voltage Maximum 4.2V to 4.5V. Choose DC Power Supply (please consider getting the thermocouple readout TC Read for temperature) for an open-loop control or a BPAN-O-PLUS-120 for a closed-loop control panel.
- Maximum Current – use up to 13.5 to 14.0 Amps (depending on load, the current will be lesser ~11amps). A cautious increase in current is recommended.
- New Glass in Gen 2.
- Low profile
- For HeatPad™ ceramic repairs, please use FractalPaste
- Control. The open loop controller is the DC power supply (no transformer needed). For more accurate control, please choose the Transformer and BPAN-O-PLUS options.
Warning: This is an electrical device that can achieve very high temperatures. This device can internally reach temperatures over 1200°C before burnout. Please follow all local codes and safety procedures. Consult your local electrician to review and be aware of safety hazards when working with electrical devices. Please use caution to avoid burns or fire hazards. Read the manual carefully, and do not hesitate to contact MHI or Dealer for assistance.
- Note although internal T/C is provided, the use of a pyrometer is recommended in case T/C has moved from the location.
- Note heaters inside the HeatPad™ should not exceed 11 to 13.0 amps max.; however, when a load is applied, the maximum current required may only be 10 to 11 amps at a steady state. The unit cannot exceed the temperature, voltage, or current rating. Not to be used inverted.
The weight will be calculated with the control panel option when checking out.
The correct weight and shipping price will be shown in the final acknowledgment from MHI.