Gen2 HeatPad (1″)
Versatile high temperature HeatPad is available in many sizes. Maximum plate surface depends on load. Non-reactive ceramic pocket type design allow for inserting, hanging, and positioning your HeatPad virtually anywhere. Low heater profile is excellent for applications for localized heating, substrate heating, mechanical pump vacuum environment and moderate high pressure environments. Several thermal and acid resistant accessories also available like NanoFractalAlumina plate and extremely high thermal shock resistant plate
For the control system please choose a DC Power (open loop) or a AC BPAN-O-PLUS and power transformer (closed loop).
- *NEW* Internal K-Type TC Standard (included in price). With the purchase of the Heatpad a calibration chart of pyrometer surface temperature (with no load) vs T/C read-temperature is provided.
- 1″ diameter hot zone
- Best to use pyrometer.
- Surface temperature depends on type of load. The estimated surface temperature with no load (free radiating) is about 1100°C measured with pyrometer with 0.7 emissivity.
- Voltage Maximum 4.2V to 4.5V. Choose DC Power Supply (please consider getting the thermocouple read out TC Read for temperature) for an open loop control or a BPAN-O-PLUS-120 for closed loop control panel.
- Maximum Current – use up to 13.5 to 14.0 Amps (depending on load, the current will be lesser ~11amps). Cautious increase in current is recommended.
- Non-reactive CerAll ceramic pocket. New Glass in Gen 2.
- Low profile
- For HeatPad ceramic repairs, please use FractalPaste
- Control. Open loop controller is the DC power supply (no transformer needed). For more accurate control please choose the Transformer and BPAN-O-PLUS options.
Warning: This is an electrical device which can achieve very high temperatures. Please follow all local codes and safety procedures. Consult your local electrician to review and be aware of safety hazards present when working with electrical devices. This device internally can reach temperatures in excess of 1200°C prior to burn out. Please use caution to avoid burns or fire hazards. Read the manual carefully and do not hesitate to contact MHI or Dealer for assistance.
- Note although internal T/C is provided, the use of a pyrometer is recommended in case T/C has moved from location.
- Note heaters inside the HeatPad should not exceed 11 to 13.0 amps max., however when a load is applied the maximum current required may be only 10 to 11 amps at steady state. Unit cannot exceed the temperature,voltage or current rating. Not to be used inverted.
When checking out, the weight will be calculated with the control panel option.
The correct weight and shipping price will be shown in the final acknowledgement from MHI.