A heavy-duty 2kW air heater with an illuminated power switch with fan and fan control. Plug-in 208-240V Model. Industrial use. Scroll to the bottom of this page for a video clip.
Output air at 800C is about 8 ACFM (226 liters per minute).
Flameless Electric Heating for melting Snow and quick heat. 2KW= 6824 BTU/hr. Electric energy is unlimited, unlike a propane torch that has a container.
The Vittori extender tube (see video) may be purchased in the options. Vittori tube is 304 Stainless Stainless Steel 1200°F/1250°F air capable. About ~8″ bend diameter depends on the length.
The suggested maximum rated temperature of the air at the exit of the VTA is ~750°C (1382°F) for long life. The unit can also perform to a maximum of ~900°C (1652°F). A temperature drop will be experienced at the end of the Vittori tube.
- 2kW Hot Air Unit • 208 to 240V Supply. 50/60Hz
- ~22″ long. 1/2″ NPT output. Weight with blower ~4.6Kg. Legs provided.
- Speed control for a fan to adjust the temperature.
- Please use the TC Read option (120V) for monitoring or displaying temperature.
- On-off Power Switch for Heater
- The unit contains an integral thermocouple (requires optional TC-Read-110V display or equivalent for temperature read-out.).
- Typical SCFM expected for 750°C temperature is ~5 SCFM (for 240V). Varies with room temperature, voltage input, and type of use.
- No backpressure allowed. Free flow of air required.
Adjustable fan flow control included – fan included.
The thermocouple is included.
The TC-Read or BPAN-O-PLUS are optional items. Note that the TC-Read is only available in the 110V 50/60Hz. If an option is not listed, don’t hesitate to contact MHI.
Plug not supplied in the standard unit as supplied-user must use a locally approved plug standard for the voltage and power.
The video below demonstrates the rapid melting of ice cubes with an electric hot air weed killer VTA-2GC with an attached flexible tube extender. The video is meant to illustrate power and efficacy.