Process Air Generator. Hot air or gas generator. This VTA electric heating for air or process gas can be used with Air, Nitrogen, inert gases, and CO2.
VTA units can be used with blowers. The pressure drop is less than 0.25 psi.
Plug in for any single-phase voltage 208V to 240V (see below for effective power for each supply).
Stainless steel construction for low distortion.
Model:VTA500-10 (208/220V /230V/240V).
Power is 10kW 50/60Hz for a 240V input. Flow is ~34SCFM at 500C. 70SCFM at 500F.
Power is 9kw 50/60Hz for a 208V input.
Temperature: Maximum 500°C for continuous Air. Typical use output ~ (150 – 600°C). Control temperatures with flow variations. Power can be adjusted on the optional control panel. Flow temperature can be adjusted with flow rate and power or temperature settings if a control panel is purchased.
Unit Description: Custom VTA Airtorch® Heavy Duty Industrial Air Heater System Model VTA500 series is a fan or air heater with continuous hot air discharge up to a maximum of 500°C. Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet 2″ NPT female (see product images). The picture shown may be illustrative only.
Outlet 2″ NPT.
Inlet NPT male.
The photo shown fits a 9″ Diameter (at flange) and 22″ Long envelope.
Pictures also show outlet and inlet, power chords, and T/C wires.
Note unit is a plugin with a minimum flow of 25 SCFM air unless controls are used.
Without the power controls to limit the temperature, the unit will energize to full power, thus requiring some flow to steady the temperature.
Lower temperatures are obtained by flowing a higher gas amount or using the HIPAN/XPAN control panel described below.
Not rated for hot input beyond 60°C. Not rated for wet input.
Note: Parts of the surface are hotter than 50°C. The Airtorch® comes with an installed Type “K” thermocouple as a standard.
Upgraded double flange model now offered.
- Stainless Steel Shell Construction
- Built-in Type K Thermocouple
- Lightweight with a compact, ergonomic design
- 208/220 or 230/240V plugin design
- Rapid heat-up
- Compressed Air/gas compatible
- Inlet gas not to exceed 60°C
- Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet NPT male
- Inlet 2″ FNPT.
- 1 Bar use.
- 208-240V 50/60Hz (Single phase). The Wall socket must be able to provide 10 KW to the device. For the highest temperature, 240V is required. Please follow local electrical codes.
- Air Inlet: Compressed Air or Gas (DO NOT USE COMBUSTIBLE GASES) Air Outlet 2″ NPT fitting. Inlet 1/2″ NPT male.
- Weight: Lightweight with a compact, ergonomic design
- Temperature: Maximum 1000°C continuous. MHI controls are recommended if used close to the maximum temperature.
- Voltage: 208/220/230/240VAC Frequency: 50/60 HZ. The picture shown above is the approximate unit. Fits a 9″Diameter envelope (at flange) and a 22″ Long envelope.
- Power Consumption: ~ 10 KiloWatts Output [email protected] It may be used plugin for 208V or 220V, or 230V. At 208V, the power is slightly lower.
- Power Control: Output temperature may vary by changing the airflow or the output power in the optional control panel.
- Optional: XPAN™ is required if power and temperature control options are needed. Please contact MHI.
- Flowmeter not included. Fan not included.
- Standard Accessories:
- Display – Not included- optional
- Built-in Thermocouple can be linked for external display.
For users who wish for much more control and or lower than the maximum power, an XPAN Control Panel 208V/220V/240V is recommended. The units plug into the 208/230/240 V plugin, and as long as the minimum flow of about 28 SCFM is maintained, they will not exceed the minimum temperature. Please contact MHI at 513-772-0404 for panel quotes or use the pull-down menu.
Generally, when operating close to the maximum rated temperature, it is advisable to use SCR-based controls with a rapid Overtemperature cut-off T/C (thermocouple) in addition to the process T/C. MHI can provide this extra T/C. Please select the options menu (Mandatory option as of June 2021).