Process Air Generator. Hot air or gas generator. Can be used with air, nitrogen, inert gases, and CO2.
LTA750-10 Model: LTA750-10 (208/220V /230V/240V).
Power is 10kW 50/60Hz for a 240V input.
Power is 9kw 50/60Hz for a 208V input.
Temperature: Maximum 950°C for Air continuous. Typical use ~(150 – 950°C). Control temperatures with the control panel and flow variations. Power can be adjusted on the control panel.
Unit Description: Custom LTA Airtorch® Heavy Duty Industrial Air Heater System Model LTA750 series is an inline air heater with continuous hot air discharge up to a maximum of 1000°C continuous use. Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet 1/2″ NPT male (see product images). The picture shown may be illustrative only. Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet NPT male. The picture shown fits a 9″ Diameter (at flange) and 22″ Long envelope. Pictures also show outlet and inlet, power chords, and T/C wires. Note unit is a plug-in with a minimum flow of 25 SCFM air. Lower temperatures are obtained by flowing a higher gas amount or using the HIPAN control panel described further below.
Not rated for hot input beyond 60°C. Not rated for wet input.
Note: Parts of the surface are hotter than 50°C providing greater operational safety. The Airtorch® comes with an installed Type “K” thermocouple as a standard.
Please note that the LTA and MTA products require a flow meter or flow device to set the correct flow for use and to ensure minimum flow. The compressed air gas source is connected to the flow meter which then regulates flow into the LTA. Please use accurate flow controls when operating above 800C. There is no significant pressure drop in the LTA. At no time of use should the rated KW, rated voltage, or the rated temperature be exceeded.
- Steel Shell Construction
- Built-in Type K Thermocouple
- Lightweight with compact ergonomic design
- 208/220 or 230/240V plug-in design
- Rapid heat-up
- Compressed Air/gas compatible
- Inlet gas not to exceed 60°C
- Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet NPT male
- Inlet 1/2″ NPT.
- 1 Bar use.
- 208-240V 50/60Hz (Single phase). For the highest temperature 240V is required. The Wall socket must be able to provide 10 KW to the device. Please follow local electrical codes.
- Air Inlet: Compressed Air or Gas (DO NOT USE COMBUSTIBLE GASES) Air Outlet 2″ NPT fitting. Inlet 1/2″ NPT male.
- Weight: Lightweight with a compact ergonomic design
- Temperature: Maximum 1000°C continuous. MHI controls are recommended if used close to the maximum temperature.
- Voltage: 208/220/230/240VAC Frequency: 50/60 HZ. The picture shown above is the approximate unit. Fits a 9″Diameter (at flange) and 22″ Long envelope.
- Power Consumption: ~ 10 KiloWatts Output [email protected] May be used plug-in for 208V or 220V or 230V. At 208V the power is slightly lower.
- Power Control: Output temperature may be varied by changing the airflow or changing the output power in the optional control panel.
- XPAN™ for greater than 10 KW is required if power control and temperature control options are required. Please contact MHI.
- Flowmeter not included.
- Standard Accessories:
- Display – Not included- optional
- Built-in Thermocouple can be linked for external display.
For users who wish for much more control and or lower than the maximum power an XPAN Control Panel 208V/220V/240V is recommended. Please contact MHI at 513-772-0404 for panel quotes or use the pull-down menu. The units plug into the 208/230/240 V plugin and as long as the minimum flow of about 28 SCFM is maintained they will not exceed the minimum temperature.
Generally, when operating close to the maximum rated temperature it is very advisable to also use SCR-based controls with a rapid Overtemperature cut-off T/C (thermocouple) in addition to the process T/C. This extra T/C can be provided by MHI. Please select in the optional menu (Mandatory option as of June 2021).