Process Air Generator. Hot air or gas generator. It can be used with air, nitrogen, inert gases, and CO2.
LTA750-10 Model: LTA750-10 (208/220V /230V/240V).
Power is 10kW 50/60Hz for a 240V input. With 10 KW ~23SCFM is possible for air to 800C. Inlet temperature ~30C.
Power is 9kw 50/60Hz for a 208V input.
Temperature: Maximum 950°C for continuous air. Typical use ~(150 – 950°C). Control temperatures with the control panel and flow variations. Power can be adjusted on the control panel. Flow temperature can be adjusted with flow rate (requires flow meter), power, or temperature settings if a control panel is purchased.
Unit Description: Custom LTA Airtorch® Heavy Duty Industrial Air Heater System Model LTA750 series is an inline air heater with continuous hot air discharge up to 1000°C continuous use. Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet 1/2″ NPT male (see product images). The picture shown may be illustrative only. Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet NPT male. The picture shows a 9″ Diameter (at flange) and 22″ Long envelope. Pictures also show outlet and inlet, power chords, and T/C wires. Note unit is a plug-in with a minimum flow of 18 SCFM air.
Lower temperatures are obtained by flowing a higher gas amount or using the HIPAN/XPAN control panel described below.
Not rated for hot input beyond 60°C. Not rated for liquid input.
Note: Parts of the surface are hotter than 50°C providing greater operational safety. The Airtorch® comes with an installed Type “K” thermocouple as a standard.
Please note that the LTA and MTA products require a flow meter or device to set the correct flow for use and ensure minimum flow. The compressed air gas source is connected to the flow meter, which regulates flow into the LTA. Please use accurate flow controls when operating above 800C. The rated KW, voltage, or temperature should be exceeded at no time of use.
- Stainless Steel Shell Construction
- Built-in Type K Thermocouple
- Lightweight with a compact, ergonomic design
- 208/220 or 230/240V plug-in design
- Rapid heat-up
- Compressed Air/gas compatible
- Inlet gas not to exceed 60°C
- Outlet 2″ NPT. Inlet NPT male
- Inlet 1/2″ NPT.
- 1 Bar use.
- 208-240V 50/60Hz (Single phase). The Wall socket must be able to provide 10 KW to the device. For the highest temperature, 240V is required. Please follow local electrical codes.
- Air Inlet: Compressed Air or Gas (DO NOT USE COMBUSTIBLE GASES) Air Outlet 2″ NPT fitting. Inlet 1/2″ NPT male.
- Weight: Lightweight with a compact, ergonomic design
- Temperature: Maximum 950°C continuous. MHI controls are recommended if used close to the maximum temperature.
- Voltage: 208/220/230/240VAC Frequency: 50/60 HZ. The picture shown above is the approximate unit. Fits a 9″Diameter (at flange) and 22″ Long envelope.
- Power Consumption: ~ 10 KiloWatts Output [email protected]. It may be used plug-in for 208V or 220V, or 230V. At 208V, the power is slightly lower.
- Power Control: Output temperature may vary by changing the airflow or the output power in the optional control panel.
- XPAN™ for greater than 10 KW is required if power and temperature control options are required. Please contact MHI.
- Flowmeter not included.
- Standard Accessories:
- Display – Not included- optional
- Built-in Thermocouple can be linked for external display.
For users who wish for much more control and or lower than the maximum power, an XPAN Control Panel 208V/220V/240V is recommended. The units plug into the 208/230/240 V plug-in, and as long as the minimum flow of about 28 SCFM is maintained, they will not exceed the minimum temperature. Please get in touch with MHI at 513-772-0404 for panel quotes or use the pull-down menu.
Generally, when operating close to the maximum rated temperature, it is advisable to use SCR-based controls with a rapid Overtemperature cut-off T/C (thermocouple) and the process T/C. MHI can provide this extra T/C. Please select it in the optional menu (Mandatory option as of June 2021).