Custom MHI MTA925-02 Sealed Process Gas Heater
2 KW Airtorch® Air/Gas Heater
MHI MTA Process Air/Gas Heater (2kW). Please contact MHI at 513-772-0404 if a paper quote is required.
When selecting a flowmeter please indicate Air or Nitrogen in the remarks column.
- Continuous Hot Air Discharge up to 925°C (Nominal-long life), 950°C maximum limit. Typical use is 400-950°C.
- Temperature Control can be done by accurate flow control* if plugged into 240V. (Better control accuracy provided by optional BPAN-O-PLUS Control Panel)
- 2 kW Total Power for 240V (Nominal only). Lower power for 208V or 220/230V.
- with 240V at 900C about 2.5SCFM air can be heated from 50C.
- Stainless Steel Shell Construction
- Inlet gas not to exceed 60°C
- Built-In “K” Type Process Thermocouple
- 208/220/230/240V Plug-In Design. 2 KW at 240V, 1.75 KW at 208V. Single Phase.
- Ready to Use. 1 Bar. For high-pressure units please contact MHI for a paper quotation with the pressure rating called out.
- Inlet: 1/4″ NPT Male. Outlet/Exit: 1/2” NPT Male. Both threaded.
- Plug-In Design. Use 208/220/230 or 240V. 50/60Hz. Wiring to unit provided (wall connection plug local scope)
Ready to Use. This Airtorch® is for use only for non-combustible gases like Air, Nitrogen, and Argon. Unit is sold only for non-combustible, non-pressurized, and non-ignitable/non-reactive gases and mixtures. If using for steam or steam mixture please indicate in the remarks column during check out. Only dry noncondensing input steam-gas are allowed.
- Full Power and Flow Controller Options Available (call MHI)
- BPAN-O-PLUS models have a temperature and over-temperature control, Canada rating chooses model with cUL. (call MHI)
- For MTA/MVTA models when the inlet flow is pressure-driven, the flow rate is often pre-set by an appropriate SCFM flow meter.
- Minimum flow rate should be maintained. MHI BPAN-O-PLUS power controllers (optional) can be used to set power. UL, CE, and cUL ratings are available for the power panel.
- Please use calibrated flow meters. Note that 1000C is the maximum temperature. Close to this temperature life may be limited because of several reasons.
- * Please note that mass flow meters are recommended when operating above 900°C. Float valve gas flow meters if used must be used with the float valve indicator that is accurate in the 2-4 SCFM for operations close to the maximum rated temperature.
- * Please note that the shipping price is an estimate and normally quoted only for US shipping. Your final acknowledgment will contain a more accurate shipping price.
Model: MHI Model# MTA925-02
Temperature: 925°C Maximum Continuous (Minimum airflow to be maintained). Temperature measured by internal TC before nozzle exit. Exit temperatures highly dependent on application and use conditions.
Thermocouple: Built-in K-type thermocouple. Can be linked for external display (TC-READ) or full POWER control (BPAN-O-PLUS Control Panel).
Element Installation: Factory installed. Heating elements can only be serviced at MHI approved location, where applicable. Please contact your MHI sales representative for service program and details.
Wiring Requirements: 240 Volt, single phase @ 50/60Hz, 9 Amp Max current. Unit may be used for 220V input.
Power Consumption: 2 kW (Nominal @ 240V). Slightly lower power and temperature for 220Volts.
Frequency: 50/60 HZ
Air Source: Via compressed air source or compressed gas source (e.g. Nitrogen / Argon). Approximately 5 SCFM is the minimum airflow (compressed air) required when operating the device at full power to achieve maximum temperatures. Compressed air source not included and is within the user’s scope. Please contact MHI for assistance.
Inlet: 1/4″ NPT Male
Outlet: 1/2” NPT Male
Display: Not included. Built-in thermocouple can be linked for external display on TCREAD basic display. Optional: 3 ½ LCD display switchable between °C and °F
Power Control: Optional: MHI BPAN-O-PLUS™ Control Panel. Single Phase Controller. Includes on-off switch, thermocouple readout and PID controller. Advanced phase angle fired SCR with soft start and current limiting features integrated for device protection and control.
Flow Control: Optional: FLM flow meter for basic flow control of pressure flow. Setting range suitable for 2kW. Please indicate Air or Nitrogen in the remarks column. SCFM readings.
**Fans are employed when the drop in pressure of the system is no greater than approximately 50 in. w.c. This condition remains true even when the fan can output large CFM values. Blowers are considered in circumstances where larger pressure drops are present.
Controls: Can I use my own. Generally not an issue if you have experience. Please ensure that you have over temperature cut off and soft start features like the BPAN-O-PLUS offers. This is particularly important when using close to the maximum rated temperatures. Please note that sealed units cannot be repaired if a burn out occurs. There is no warranty on the heaters when used with non-MHI controls or if control features are disabled.
Efficiency. Flow chart to consider https://mhi-inc.com/airtorch-design-graphs/. It is a general guidance chart not specific to your device. Also there could be small variations of the nominal resistance or air flow provided by flow meters (even mass flow meters).
Can I use it in a hot enclosure? The temperature of the outside cannot be more than 80°C.
L.S. Distinguished Senior Tech at National Laboratory, USA
You are the Best! Thank you very much for your support.
“We purchased the 10kW Airtorch™ to perform rapid cycling tests to qualify our product for a new customer. We have secured the contract and the Airtorch™ is still going strong for 2 years. We are now using it for new development projects.”
See use picture
J.M. of Morgan Tool
“Using the LTA as the primary heat source for my customer’s tool turned out to be a wise decision. It’s robust for continuous use in a shop floor environment.”
C.A., UK (International)
I am very satisfied with the Airtorch™; we operate it everyday between 1100 and 1200°C for our experiments.
EL, National Lab, USA
“I really like the LTA … very much. They are incredible! As per my calculation, we are seeing (very high) efficiency…”
Nate M, Utah
“We added the 15kw Airtorch to our existing Gas Tunnel Kiln to improve uniformity and overall drying time. It was cheaper than buying a new kiln”
Paul F, Pennsylvania
“We’ve used the Airtorch™ as a pre-heater for our application. It works well, we bought two…”
Ron J, Ohio
Finally, a product for die heating that really meets our needs!”
Tim D, Ohio
“Airtorch™ is a great concept, it works well for my unique applications…”
Ken F, Tennessee
“This hot air device offers great versatility, its the device I’ve been waiting for…”
Jim V, Michigan
“This device will save us money.”